As soon as you complete the Getting Started wizard on our website, the system will redirect you to your website's Edit Mode URL.
In this article, you’ll find everything you need to know about the essentials of every Ucraft website.
As mentioned in the previous article, your site's URL is going to be the subdomain you chose with a /edit at the end. It will look something like this:
Before you get started, we highly recommend watching this step-by-step video guide that showcases the power of the Ucraft builder, along with some tips and tricks for users to change the website layout, connect a domain, connect the analytics, setup 3rd-party integrations and more...
Get to know the Editor Tools
Once your Edit Mode is completely loaded, you'll see the Ucraft panel on the left that consists of the following sections:
- Preview - allows you to see your website in "Public Mode" for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile view. Learn more about the Preview.
- Dashboard - where you can find different useful apps to further enhance your website, add new pages, connect analytics, connect a domain, etc. To learn more about the apps on the Dashboard, have a look through the Dashboard and Apps section of our Help Desk.
- Blocks - where you can find plenty of predesigned blocks with specific elements created to help you build a beautiful website quickly. Learn more about the Blocks.
- Elements - where you can find almost all the elements that cover the web, whether it's a single button, image sliders, or even an advanced form builder. To view the whole list of the elements available, please navigate to the Elements section of our Help center.
- Colors - a tool that allows you to create a custom color palette by selecting a flat color or a gradient from the color picker. You can then drag & drop your custom color on a button, text, block, column and even on the page's background to apply it. Learn more about the Colors.
- Effects (fx) - a list of web page effects, including fade, ease, rotate, parallax and more. Drag and drop them on different elements, blocks or background images to create an exciting new experience for your website visitors. Learn more about the Effects.
- Progress - a helpful, beginner-friendly checklist of steps needed to be taken to complete the basics of Ucraft. After covering the basics you may even go further with more advanced steps recommended for webmasters or designers.
- Undo - If you made a mistake, or don't like the change you made to your site, simply use the Undo option to reverse the previously made action. It also works through Ctrl+Z Windows shortcut or Command+Z if you are a Mac user. Please note that after you refresh your page, all the changes you made will be saved and you won't be able to use the Undo button for the actions done before the page refresh.
- Help - Need a hand? Feel free to fire away with any questions you might have. Our Support team is only a click away!
- Latest synchronization - the track synchronization button is a useful feature which points the last syncing operation time. Please note that all the changes made on your page are being automatically saved so your site goes live without publishing.
You can also look through the dozens of other helpful articles in our Help Section that will help guide you in creating a successful website with Ucraft.
Happy Crafting :)