Since most customers enjoy making great deals on their purchases, discounts and special offers are one of the most effective ways to drive sales in your online store.
Some benefits that come with having discount coupons include:
- Increase sales
- Meet revenue goals
- Drive customer loyalty
- Improve retention
How Discount Coupons Work
You can create discount codes for:
- a fixed value discount (e.g. $5 off),
- a percentage discount (e.g. 10% off),
- a free shipping discount,
- a fixed value / percentage discount + free shipping.
You can use your own codes, which should be a unique code of letters or numbers, or let Ucraft generate them for you.
- When a coupon is applied at checkout, the discount amount is deducted from the order subtotal (excluding tax and shipping)
- When a customer uses a free shipping coupon, the shipping rates are reset for all items in the cart.
Creating Discount Coupons
You can create discount codes for:
- USD discounts
- % discounts
- Free shipping
- Free shipping+ USD discount
- Free shipping + percent discount
How to create a new discount coupon:
- Dashboard → eCommerce App → Marketing →Discount Coupons
- Click +Add New Coupon
- Enter a name for the Coupon
- Then the alphanumeric code or the one generated by Ucraft
- Choose the type of discount
- Enter the discount value and percentage or monetary value
- Choose the day from which the coupon should be active and the day when the coupon should expire.
- If the code should apply to specific orders, products or customers, press No Limits and define the coupon limits.
- Finally, click save.
TIP: Instead of adding codes one by one, you can import a list of coupons in CSV with the Discount Coupon Importer App.
Adding Coupon Restrictions
You can set coupon codes to be applicable to specific orders, products and customers but also limit the number of times a coupon can be used.
How to add usage restrictions to a coupon:
- Go to eCommerce App → Marketing → Discount Coupons
- Choose a coupon and press No Limits
- Here you can customize which orders, customers and products you want the coupon to apply to. After choosing your preferred settings, press apply.
Orders over specific amount
If you want customers to spend a minimum amount to qualify for a discount, simply select the Subtotal Over in the Orders section and enter the minimum subtotal amount you want.
If you want to have a specific group of customers that can use your coupon, you can set it up in the Customers section by selecting one of the options listed below.
All Customers: Anyone can use/apply this code
- Customers who have places at least one order with Paid status and are signed in your store qualify for the discount
- You can send these types of coupons in Order Confirmation Emails as a bounce back offer or a reward for your regular customers with a special discount
- Those who still have not placed an order in your store can use this code
- You can promote these coupons right in your storefront or send them in Abandoned Cart Recovery Emails to create more sales and increase conversion rates.
Number of Uses
You can also restrict the discount usage. To so, select one of the options mentioned below:
- Customers can apply the code as many times as they wish
Once per customer:
- Each customer can only apply the code once with the same email at checkout. If they use a different email every time at checkout, then they can use the code multiple times.
- The coupon will expire as soon as the customer applies it at checkout. These coupons are usually used for making personalized special offers to your customers.
If you want to boost sales or just clear out some excess inventory, you can create coupons that should apply to specific products or categories.
Just click Limit by Product or Limit by Category to select items that qualify for the discount.
!Note: Offering discounts on specific products may also encourage shoppers to add other items to their shopping carts.
Managing Discount Coupons
First, navigate to Dashboard → eCommerce App → Marketing → Discount Coupons.
You can filter your coupons here, by:
- Discount type
- Time of life
- Number of uses
If you decide you want to stop the use of coupons for the moment and keep it for another promotion at a later time, you can pause the code and reactivate it later.
Have more questions? We recommend checking out these Articles for a bigger view of Ucraft.
And always remember, we're just a step away! Hit the Chat box in the lower right corner and our Support Team will be glad to assist you!