Once you've launched your online store and added all the products, your next step should be setting up a payment method.
You can accept money either offline or online.
!Note: The transactions for online payments are not processed by us. They are processed by a third-party provider, meaning they have their own rules and there is a possibility that they may charge extra fees. Be sure to check these details with your preferred payment processor when setting up your payment method.
Now that you know the two types of payment methods and have figured out which one to go with, navigate to your Dashboard → eCommerce App → Payment and we can get started!
Configuring online Payment Methods
- Scroll down and click Choose Payment Processor
- Select your preferred payment processor and provide account details. (Supported payment gateways are listed at the end of the article)
Configuring offline Payment Methods
- Navigate to Dashboard → eCommerce App → Payment → scroll down to the Add New Payment Methods →press the + Add Manual Payment Method.
- Fill out the Display Name at Checkout with the name that you want to appear in payment methods when customers want to check out.
- After, press Set Payment Instructions at Checkout and a drop-down menu will appear where you can fill out instructions for your customers about how the order is going to be processed.
- Once the payment method is added, you can always edit it by clicking Actions → Edit.
Customer Payment Experience
After customers have visited your store, added products and proceeded to checkout, they will see all the payment methods that you enabled. Once the choose a payment method, they can continue.
- For Online payments, customers enter their details and pay immediately
- For Offline payments, you need to contact the customer to arrange the payment
In both cases, you will receive an email notification for new orders. To make sure this option is enabled, navigate to your eCommerce App → Settings → Mail. From here you can enable/disable all the Customer and Admin notifications.
When to Ship an Order
You can also track your orders and receive an email notification with each new order. Simply, navigate to your eCommerce App → My Sales → Orders.
A Paid order status means that your customer has selected one of your online payment options and the payment has been officially processed by the third-party provider.
An Awaiting Payment order status means one of two things:
- Your customer has selected an offline payment method and you need to contact them to arrange the payment
- Your customer’s online payment method was not processed. In this case, contact our support team or the third-party payment processor to see what the issue might be
Once paid, for both options, go ahead and ship the order!
Finally, you need to decide what shipping methods you want to use and then set it up in your store.
Navigate to your eCommerce App → Shipping and Pickup Section → Shipping and Pickup. Choose from the 8 Shipping Methods we have available in our eCommerce App.
- Royal Mail
- Australia Post
- EMS Russian Post
- Canada Post
Where is the Money?
As you already know, when customers pay online, the transaction is processed by the third-party providers, like PayPal, Square, etc. The funds are deposited into your account with the payment provider and you can withdraw these funds using the methods outlined by the payment provider.
*Supported Payment Providers
PayPal (Standard, Advanced, Express Checkout, Payflow Link, Payments Pro Hosted)
First Data Global Gateway e4
Authipay Payment Gateway
Bambora Online Checkout
Bank of America Beanstream (Hosted Payment Form)
Online CC Avenue
Checkout Finland Oy
Curlec FPX Online Banking
iDEAL (via Mollie)
Moneris eSELECTplus (Hosted Paypage)
MultiSafepay (iDEAL, credit cards, Giropay, DIRECTebanking, etc)
PayTM Paytrail (former SuomenVerkkomaksut Oy)
Payments Rave by Flutterwave Razorpay
Realex Payments/Global Iris
Redsys Robokassa (Webmoney, Yandex.Money, etc)
SagePay Form (Sage Pay Go)
TransFirst Transaction Express
TSYS Payment Method UniPAY Checkout
Virtual Cart Services
Worldpay Business Gateway
Worldpay Online Payments