Ucraft eCommerce App allows you to sell digital products as easily as you do with ordinary goods and have them delivered to your customers by download. This means you can sell software, graphics, and e-books, as well as audio and video files.
The shopping and checkout experience for digital products is no different from any other product in your store. To fulfill digital product orders, Ucraft sends a link for download to your customer by email right after payment.
Digital products is available on paid plans with higher plans supporting larger files. There is no limit for the number of your e-goods or their downloads, so you can upload and sell as many as you need.
!Note: The file size limits for the plans are:
Pro Website – this option is not available
Pro Shop – 1GB
Unlimited – 10GB
To add a digital product, you’ll need to move to the eCommerce app on your Dashboard → Catalog → Products.
1. Click a product to edit or create a new one
2. Open the Files tab
3. Click + Upload Files
4. In the popup click Choose file:
5. Select the file on your computer
6. Click + to add more files
7. Click Upload Files
8.Enter file description
9. Don’t forget to hit the "Save" button!
Keep in mind, that your customers can access digital products only after purchase.
One more important step on preventing customers from sharing download links. There are two ways to do so.
- Set a lifetime for the link – this ensures the link will automatically expire after a specified period of time.
- Limit the number of downloads per link – this ensures customers will only be able to download the link a specified number of times.
- Lifetime is 24 hours, number of download attempts is empty: the link is available for 24 hours only, with unlimited number of downloads;
- Lifetime is empty, the number of download attempts is 5: the link is available without any time limits, but can be downloaded 5 times per order only;
- Lifetime is 48 hours, the number of download attempts is 3: the link is available for 48 hours and can be downloaded 3 times per order.
To set these limits:
1. Go to your eCommerce App → Settings → General → Cart & Checkout.
2. Scroll to to the E-goods section:
3. Set the limits - 'Link lifetime, in hours' or 'Number of download attempts'.
You can set one of the options or both of them at the same time or any of them.
The store administrator can manually regenerate or terminate any link in the Order details page. Regenerating a link will provide the customer with a new download link while forced expiration immediately renders a link useless.
Have more questions? We recommend checking out these Articles for a bigger view of Ucraft.
And always remember, we're just a step away! Hit the Chat box in the lower right corner and our Support Team will be glad to assist you!