PayPal is one of the most popular online payment systems in the world that enables you to pay, send money, and accept payments through credit cards, bank accounts or PayPal accounts.
To accept payments you first need a Business PayPal account.
When you open a store, your login email is preset as your PayPal account email in your eCommerce App →Payment →PayPal.
If your PayPal account is registered for the same email you used to sign up for Ucraft or you don’t have a PayPal account yet, you can start accepting payments right away:
- Go to your Dashboard→eCommerce App→ Payment → PayPal section
- Click Enable PayPal.
From now on, a PayPal method will be available to your customers at checkout and can be used for receiving payments.
In case you don’t have a PayPal account, simply use your Ucraft login email to sign up for PayPal. As soon as your account is created, all the unclaimed payments will show up in your balance.
If you already have a PayPal account with a different email address, you can switch your PayPal account in Ucraft!
1. Go to your eCommerce App → PayPal section.
2. Click Change your PayPal account:
3. Enter a valid PayPal account email:
4. Click Enable PayPal.
You are now all set up to accept payments through PayPal.
Moreover, you can give your customers the option to have a fast PayPal Checkout. It will allow them to skip entering address information on checkout pages of your store and use shipping and payment details from their PayPal account for placing an order.
- Click Actions → Edit → Advanced Settings in the PayPal Checkout block:
- Enable the PayPal Checkout on the cart page option.
Now your customers will see the PayPal Checkout button on the checkout page:
In addition to the regular Checkout button, PayPal can display some extra payment methods on the cart page, including:
- PayPal Credit
- Venmo (for the USA)
- iDEAL (for the Netherlands)
- Bancontact (for Belgium)
- MyBank (for Italy)
- Giropay and SEPA Direct Debit (for Germany)
- EPS (for Australia)
The actual set of PayPal Checkout buttons may vary for each customer. According to PayPal, the buttons may be displayed based on customer location and browser cookies.
PayPal Credit is an online payment option that allows your customers to pay for their orders over time, as if they are using a credit card: they buy now and pay later.
You still get paid by PayPal right away, so you don’t have to worry whether the customer has paid their credit.
PayPal Credit requires that you enable a regular PayPal Checkout button in your store.
To offer PayPal Credit option in your online store:
1. Go to your eCommerce → Payment.
2. Click Actions → Edit in the PayPal Checkout block:
3. Expand the Advanced settings.
4. Enable the Show PayPal Credit button option.
In the drop-down box find and choose Credit Card: Stripe. A setup window will open:
First, click the Connect with Stripe button to proceed to the next step.
You will then be redirected to another window with a Stripe registration form.
- If you're new to Stripe you should fill in the registration form and provide some details about your business. Click 'Authorize access to this account' button to allow your store to connect to your Stripe account.
- If you already have an account, sign in through the link displayed in the upper right corner. Click 'Connect by Stripe account' to grant permissions to your store to connect with your Stripe account.
That's it. Your Stripe account is now connected to your store!
You can check general settings for the activated payment method by clicking "Account Details" link next to Stripe on Settings → Payment page of your eCommerce App.
Your Stripe ID will be displayed in the settings along with other parameters of your Stripe account:
Live charges: indicates whether your store is ready to accept real payments from the buyers through Stripe.
Supported currencies: shows what currencies your Stripe account can accept.
Automatic transfer: indicates whether the payouts for payment received through Stripe are sent to your bank account automatically. Check Stripe's FAQ for more detailed information on this.
If you want to connect your store to another Stripe account, just click on 'Disconnect Stripe' and repeat all steps described above.
If you do not have a Square account, you can register at www.squareup.com.
- Go to eCommerce App→Payments.
- Find Square under Add new payment methods.
- Click Connect and Enable Square:
4. It redirects you to Square. Login and connect your account.
Activate your account to process real transactions
You need to activate your account in order to accept credit cards. To do so, Square simply fill out the basic required information about you and your business. You can start accepting credit cards online as soon as Square activates your account!
Make sure the Square gateway is enabled in your eCommerce App. Even if the Square payment gateway is configured in your store, customers will only see this at checkout if the gateway is enabled.
Square takes a fee of 2.9% + $0.30 for processing your payments.
All orders paid via Square appear in eCommerce App → My Sales → Orders. They contain a link to the corresponding transaction in Square.
Orders also appear in your Square Control Panel. Square retains the customers' data, their order, and information about shipping and taxes.
2Checkout’s payments platform bundles a gateway and merchant account, so you do not need to contract with a merchant bank or manage separate agreements. With 2Checkout, you can accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal, Diner’s Club, JCB and Debit cards (in the U.S.). The system is translatable in 15 languages and 87 international currencies for buyers and sellers in over 200 countries.
Here's how to set it up:
- Create a new 2Checkout account.
- Enable this payment method in Ucraft from your Payment section in your eCommerce App.
- Change the Payment Processor value of the Credit Card payment method to 2Checkout. Copy your Approved and INS URL displayed in the pop-up and save it somewhere - you are going to need it later.
- Go to the 2Checkout Vendor Area
- Open the Account → Site Management page and set the Direct Return option to Header Redirect.
- Set a secret word by entering it into the Secret Word field.
- Set Approved URL to the value of Approved and INS URL that you copied from Ucraft eCommerce control panel and Save changes to apply them.
- Go to the Webhooks page and set the Global URL to the value of Approved and INS URL you have.
- Press Apply to save the changes.
- Click Enable All Notifications and then Save settings to apply the changes.
5. Return to the eCommerce control panel on Ucraft.
- Go to Settings → Payment.
- Click the [Account Details] link near the 2Checkout payment method to open the settings pop-up.
- Enter your 2Checkout Secret Word and Account number.
- Enable this payment method and save the changes.
Have more questions? We recommend checking out these Articles for a bigger view of Ucraft.
And always remember, we're just a step away! Hit the Chat box in the lower right corner and our Support Team will be glad to assist you!