A Custom Domain is a unique branded name that identifies a website. Ucraft gives you an option to replace your built-in Ucraft subdomain (yoursitenmae.ucraft.net) with a Custom Domain.
Managing, connecting and buying a Domain for your website is possible by going to Domain App on your Dashboard.
Buy a New Domain Through Ucraft
When it comes to your Domain, you can connect your existing domain to your website totally for free or purchase a new one with the help of our Domain App.
Each domain name is provided on a yearly basis and the prices vary due to domain's extension (also know as domain's TLD). A top-level domain (TLD) is the last part of a domain name after the "."
Available extensions (TLDs) at Ucraft:
- .tv .
To purchase a domain through Ucraft, simply follow the steps below.
- Once you're in the Edit Mode of your site, go to your Dashboard → Domain App → Connect Domain → Buy New Domain.
- Enter your desired domain name and choose the extension you prefer from the options mentioned above. Keep in mind that if there is no available domain, you will see Not available next to the domain names. Enter another variant and click Search.
- After you decide on your domain, select it and click Continue.
- Fill out the form to proceed the payment. Your first, last name and email address will already be filled.
- After filling in all fields, push the Next button to choose the most suitable Payment Method for you.
- Enter your Card Number, Expiration Period and CVV. Push the Pay button.
- Once your payment has been processed, you'll receive an Email from Namecheap, your domain provider, where you'll find the option to verify the ownership rights over your domain name.
11. And the last step would be moving to your Domain App and hitting Check button to finalize the process.
Note: Just for further clarification, Domain names are registered on an annual basis, and must be renewed when they expire. To do so, go to your Profile's Subscription section, hit the Renew button and follow the onscreen instructions to realize the payment.
Claiming a Domain
In case of the annual subscription to one of our plans, Ucraft provides users with a free domain that you can Claim again from the Domain app.
What if I already have a domain?
If you own a Domain name purchased through another Domain provider, like GoDaddy or Namecheap, you can connect it to your site by following a process called domain mapping (by changing your DNS settings). Refer to this article for more insight on how to connect a Domain with Ucraft.
Have more questions? We recommend checking out these Articles for a bigger view of Ucraft.
And always remember, we're just a step away! Hit the Chat box in the lower right corner and our Support Team will be glad to assist you!