Now that you've created your website, it's time to consider optimizing your website's page speed. In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to achieve a better page speed, thus guarantee a great user experience for your site visitors and improve your SEO.
- Remember, Google pays attention to the page speed when it comes to ranking your site!
To get started, you can evaluate your page speed with Google's PageSpeed Insights.
Simply enter your site URL and get hints on what needs to be improved.
Luckily, Ucraft takes care of rendering blocking JS, leveraging browser caching, enabling compression, minifying CSS and JS, improving server response time thanks to Cloudflare.
If you have not connected your site to Cloudflare, we strongly recommend doing so otherwise this article won’t help you in your optimization endeavors.
You can follow the step-by-step guide below to improve your website's overall performance on Ucraft.
1. Select your website in ‘Cloudflare Site Selection’ dropdown.
3. Scroll down to ‘Rocket Loader’ and enable it
4. Now find the ‘Browser Cache Expiration’ section from the ‘Cache tab’ and choose 8 days (recommended) from the dropdown .
5. Now find the ‘HTTP Strict Transport Security’ (HSTS) section from the ‘Crypto tab’, hit enable HSTS and follow the steps on the wizard. On the second step, called ‘Configure’, enable all the options. Make sure to choose 1 month expiration in the section called ‘Max Age Header’ as well.
Now, let’s try Pagespeed again to see if this improved the website speed. Simply go to Google's PageSpeed Insights and enter your website URL.
The file size of the images does matter and may seriously affect your loading speed. The optimal size for website images is around 500-1000KB, so Ucraft has a restriction for uploading images to 5MB. If your image is too large by its pixels, use image editors, like Photoshop, to resize them to real sizes to further use them on your site.
Mind the quality, though.
So here, visual content compressing tools are a good option. We strongly recommend using online tools like TinyPNG, to reduce your PNG or JPG file size.
For GIFs, you can go with Ezgif.
Using uniquely chosen typography is a great way to improve text readability or highlight important text content. However, too many different fonts will not only have a negative effect on your site’s overall design, but also the page speed. That’s why we recommend limiting them since more than 3 fonts is already too much.
The solution would be to go to your Dashboard → Fonts App and remove all the unnecessary fonts. There is a small indicator in the upper right corner of the Fonts App that displays how your existing fonts collection impacts your website's speed.
Have more questions? We recommend checking out these Articles for a bigger view of Ucraft.
And always remember, we're just a step away! Hit the Chat box in the lower right corner and our Support Team will be glad to assist you!