If you think of having a VK widget on your website to redirect your users to a community or a page there, then this guide will definitely help you through.
Below is a detailed guide with all the steps. So,
- Go to VK Developers and Log In.
- Move to My Apps and Create Application to get started.
- Add the Title for your application. We usually recommend using your website title.
- Choose Website as the Platform → enter the Title of your website, your Website Address (https://yoursite.com) and Base Domain (yoursite.com).
5. Afterwards, click on Connect Website.
6. You'll see a window come up that requires a confirmation code. Click Get Code to receive the code to the mobile number associated with your VK account. Enter this code in the appropriate field, then click Confirm.
*If your account is already verified, you may miss this step.
7. You'll see a page come up with the information about your application.
Click Settings located on the Left Panel, find and copy your Application ID.
8. Go back to your Ucraft Site and find the VK Widget from the Elements Section on your Left Panel.
9. Drag and drop it to your desired area → Choose the type of Widget you want to have on your site → paste your VK Application ID in the given field → Embed Code.
You can always change the connected website or delete it by going to My apps > Settings.
Alternatively, if you want to have the widget for a specific community on VK navigate to your Community page → Manage → API usage → Callback API. From here copy your group ID and go back to the Edit mode of your website and paste your VK Group ID in the given field of the VK Widget element > Embed Code.
Make sure to check all the other articles about the useful features and Elements available on Ucraft from our Help Desk!
Feel free to send us your questions via Chat in the lower right corner and our Support Team will provide you with quick and efficient assistance!