Create Property in Google Analytics
If you haven't already, first you'll need to create a Property in Google Analytics. You can add up to 50 properties to each Analytics account.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin on the bottom left corner and from the Account column choose the account to which you want to add the property to.
- From the Property column, click on + Create Property. Please note that you'll need to have Edit Permission on the account otherwise you won't be able to select that option.
- Select Website or Mobile App.
- If you chose the Mobile App option, under Tracking Method, select Firebase. Afterwards, select an app from the menu and click Connect App.
- Enter the website or App name. If you plan on tracking more than one app in your account, use a very descriptive name that will also include it's version number. This will help you keep your app properties organized.
- For the Website option, enter the Website URL. Please make sure that your URL is formatted correctly or you won't be able to create a property. Simply select the protocol standard (https:// or https://) and enter the domain name, without any characters following the them (www.yourdomain.com, not www.yourdomain.com/).
- Then, select an Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone. The chosen reporting time zone will be used as the day boundary for your reports, regardless of where the data originates.
Note! The time zone settings affects how data appears in your reports. For instance, if you chose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and end of each day is calculated based on the Pacific time zone regardless of where the sessions are detected from. In addition, if your Analytics account is linked to a Google Ads account, the time zone is automatically set to your Google Ads preference and you will not see that option. This is to ensure accurate reporting on your Google Ads campaigns.
Your property will be created after you click on Get Tracking ID.
Find your Google Analytics ID
If you already had a property created, you simply need to click on Admin → select an account from the Account column → select a property from the Property column → Tracking Info → Tracking Code.
- Your Google Analytics ID will be displayed at the top of the page.
The Global Site Tag
The Global Site Tag (gtag.js) is several lines of programming code that you need to paste on every page of your site, or just the ones you want to track.
- If you want to track all the pages in your website, simply go to the Edit Mode of your site → Dashboard → Site Settings App → Code Injection section → paste the Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code in the Before </head> tag section.
- If you want to track a specific page, you can use our Custom HTML element. Simply drag and drop the element to the body section of your page and paste the Global Site Tag tracking code.