Create Property in Google Analytics
If you haven't already, first you'll need to create a Property in Google Analytics. You can add up to 50 properties to each Analytics account.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin on the bottom left corner and from the Account column choose the Google account you'd like to add the property to.
- From the Property column, click on + Create Property. You'll need to have the account Edit Permission otherwise you won't be able to select that option.
- Next choose what you'd like to measure: Website, Apps, or Apps and Web.
- Once you've reached the Property setup, you'll select the Industry Category, Reporting Time Zone, and Currency Displayed at sections. The analytics calculates the data based on the reporting time zone chosen, regardless of where the data is coming from.
!Note: If your Analytics account is linked to a Google Ads account, the time zone is automatically set to your Google Ads preference. You won't even see this option. This is to ensure accurate reporting on your Google Ads campaigns.
Add your website URL. Your URL must be formatted correctly otherwise you won't be able to create a property. Select the protocol standard (https://) and enter the domain name (www.yourdomain.com, not www.yourdomain.com/).
- Select whether you'll be working with an iOS or Android device.
- Register the app.
- Click Next so the Google Cloud project, Firebase project, link to Firebase project to Google Analytics, and the creation of the App Stream will be provisioned.
- Click next to Download the Google Config file.
- Run your app to verify installation and click Sync Now. While verifying if the app has communicated with Google servers, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your app.
- Once the verification is complete, click Finish.
!Note: If you plan on tracking more than one app in your account, use a very descriptive name that will also include it's version number. This will help you keep your app properties organized.
Your property will be created once you click Get Tracking ID.
Find your Google Analytics ID
If you already had a property created, go to Admin → select an account from the Account column → select a property from the Property column → Tracking Info → Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
The Global Site Tag
The Global Site Tag (gtag.js) is a programming code that must be on every page of your site that you want to track.
To track all of your website pages, go to your site's Edit Mode → Dashboard → Site Settings App → Code Injection → paste the Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code in the Before </head> tag section.
To track a specific page, you can use our Custom HTML element. Drag and drop the element to the body section of your page and paste the Global Site Tag tracking code.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us directly via the Live Chat box, located in the lower right corner. Our Support Team will provide you with top-notch quality support, 24/7.