Before you start selling, you'll need to decide on what shipping methods you want to use and your destination zones.
The areas that you ship to are called destination/shipping zones. Each shipping method in your store can be assigned to a certain destination zone so that the shipping rate only applies to customers whose shipping addresses are within this area.
- The destination zones in your eCommerce App can be limited to world regions, countries, states and be restricted by post codes, zip codes, cities, towns and streets.
To set it all up, first navigate to your Dashboard → eCommerce App → Zones to set up your destination zones. Simply click on + Add New Zone.
Add Country restricts the zone to a specific country. You can then select this country from the given list and click Add Countries to confirm your choice.
- You can click Add Region to select all countries that belong to specific region, like North America or Africa, in bulk.
Add state restricts the zone to a specific state in the country. You can then select a state from the given list and click Add States to confirm your choice.
- If you decide to ship to all states within the selected country, leave the State List empty.
The Zip/Postal Codes field restricts the zone to certain locations within the state, for instance cities, towns and streets. Once you’re done, simply click save.
You can also use Wildcard Symbols to build your list of zip/postal codes:
- ? Matches any single character
- * matches any number of characters, including zero. Keep in mind that spaces will be ignored.
- _ matches any number of spaces (at least one).
Setting Up Shipping Method
Once you’ve set up your shipping zones, it’s time to set up your shipping methods. Go to your eCommerce App → Shipping and Pickup.
To add a new shipping method, click on the New Shipping Method Button. At the moment, you can pick from the 8 Shipping Methods Available in our eCommerce App.
- Royal Mail
- Australia Post
- EMS Russian Post
- Canada Post
- Brasil Correios
Keep in mind that a shipping method may already be chosen for you according the location set for your store.
- You can then either set up the shipping method already chosen for you, add a Local delivery or choose other carriers.
Click on the Set Up [name of the shipping company] button to set up the rates. You can choose from:
- Automatically calculated rates for your chosen shipping carrier
- Free Shipping
- Flat Rate
- Custom Rates
Once you’re done, simply click on Save & Finish.
Assigning Destination Zones for Shipping Methods
When you create a new sipping method, you can select the destination zone to which it will apply to. To do so,
Go to your eCommerce App → Shipping & Pickup. Click Add Shipping Method and on the third step of the shipping setup, choose the destination zone from the Shipping Region drop-down. Click Save & Finish.
How to set up Free Shipping
Most of the time, customers abandon their shopping carts because of the extra shipping costs. When you offer free shipping options, you can encourage your customers to complete their orders. Below you can find a few free shipping options for your online store.
Free Shipping for All Orders
- Go to your eCommerce App → Shipping and Pickup
- Add Shipping Method
- Select how you ship your goods (by a shipping carrier, like UPS, FedEx, etc., or local delivery service) and click Set Up.
- Click Set up Free Shipping
- Enter the Shipping Name of the method that is displayed for customers at checkout
- Click Set Delivery Speed and enter the time it takes for orders to arrive when shipped with this method. Keep in mind that this is optional but usually recommended.
- Click Set Shipping Region to specify the destinations to which you ship with this method.
- Click Save & Finish
Free Shipping Over a Set Subtotal or Weight
- Go to your eCommerce App → Shipping and Pickup
- Add shipping method
- Select how you ship your goods and click set up
- Then click Set Up Custom Rates.
- Enter Shipping Name of the method that is displayed for customers at checkout
- Choose on what the calculation will be based on (subtotal or weight)
- Set the subtotal or weight range which the shipping will be free
- Enter the zero to the Rate Per Order field
- Click Set Delivery Speed and enter the time it takes for orders to arrive when shipped with this method
- Set the Shipping Region
- Save & Finish
Now the eligible customers will be offered a free shipping option at checkout.
Product Specific Free Shipping
- Go to eCommerce App → Catalog → Products
- Open the product that you want to ship for free
- Go to the Tax and Shipping Tab
- Check the option Free Shipping in the Shipping Rates section
- Click Save
When this option is enabled for the product, customers won’t be charged for shipping of this item at checkout.
We also recommend checking out these Articles for a bigger view of Ucraft!
And always remember, we're just a step away! Hit the Chat box in the lower right corner and our Support Team will be glad to assist you!